With time, everything has changed in this world from medical to educational and educational field to industrial field. In today’s life, people want everything according to their own needs and priorities. This particular behavior of people increases the pressure on different industries to launch the customer’s desirable product in the market On demand manufacturing helps industries produce the customer’s needed products and earn a huge profit.
Define on-demand manufacturing in general.
It is a process, new to the world of industrialization and manufacturing. In this process, a direct link is established between customers and suppliers to manufacture the goods as customers and buyers want and need, in the required amount.
Why it is considered the opposite of traditional manufacturing?
In traditional manufacturing, products are manufactured in large volumes and stored before launching them in the market at flexible conditions and beneficial times. The cost per good decreases as the overall volume of goods increases. In on-demand manufacturing, no stock of goods is stored for a long time and the required amount of goods as per needed by buyers is produced.
Beneficial qualities of on-demand manufacturing.
- On-demand manufacturing is beneficial to industries in the production of the best quality goods. Suppliers know the real quantity required to produce at a given time, so they are more focused on the quality of goods than traditional manufacturing.
- In the process of on-demand manufacturing, payment flows between suppliers and buyers from time to time so suppliers can do better performance to accomplish tasks given by customers. Suppliers don’t have to face any financial pressure as they have to invest a huge amount at the initial stage of goods production in traditional manufacturing.
- Low costs are required in the process of on-demand manufacturing because a huge amount of money can be saved due to the elimination of costs used for warehousing and inventory.
- On-demand manufacturing suppliers can get customer feedback and reviewers. They can use this feedback as a guideline to improve their working policies in the next production batch.
- On-demand manufacturing helps suppliers to save themselves from an overproduction of goods and loss from the wastage of investment used in overproduction.
- On-demand manufacturing, suppliers can get benefit from being focused on what they want to do with their best operations, marketing, and sales. It will help customers to get the best quality products to meet their needs.
- Savage of time is also a great benefit of on-demand manufacturing. The manufacturers and customers both can save time from an overproduction of goods and buying unfit goods.
- On-demand manufacturing is helpful in the production of prototypes. It also proves beneficial in the production of 2D and 3D goods.
Modern technologies are used in on-demand manufacturing.
Different kinds of modern technologies are used in on-demand manufacturing such as 3D printing, stereolithography, fused deposition modeling, selective laser sintering, direct metal laser sintering, CNC machining, injection modeling, and sheet metal forming.
A list of companies uses on-demand manufacturing such as textile industries, E-commerce, healthcare, robotics, etc.